Eduardo Cunha de Almeida
Professor Adjunto IV, DInf
I'm a member of the C3SL research team
Rua Cel. Francisco H. dos Santos, 100
Centro Politecnico - Jardim das Américas
Curitiba-PR, CEP: 81.531-980, Brasil
Phone: +55 (41) 3361 3656
Teaching (in Portuguese)
My research interest is in database systems, especially distributed query and storage engines.
Current projects, include:
Publications and Project details
- Chameleon, an adaptive distributed query processing engine for Hive.
- ControVol, a schema evolution adviser for NoSQL data stores.
- DoricStore, a Column-Store for emerging hardware.
- Edson Ramiro Lucas Filho (Ph.D. with Yves Le Traon)
- Tiago Rodrigo Kepe (Ph.D.)
- Eduardo Henrique Pena (Ph.D.)
- Leandro Batista de Almeida (Ph.D. with Anthony Ventresque)
- Simone Dominico (Ph.D.)
- Pedro Thiago Holanda (M.S.)
- Diego Gomes Tomé (M.S.)
- Luiz Brito da Rosa (M.S.)
- Tadashi Igarashi (M.S.)
- Jorge Augusto Meira (co-advised with Yves Le Traon)
- Michel Albônico, now Ph.D Candidate at the Univ. of Nantes, France
- Antonio Junior de Mattos
- Paulo Ricardo Zanoni, now at Intel (main adviser: Luis Carlos E. de Bona)
- Alessandro Gustavo Farias Fior, now CRM Consultant
- Edson Ramiro Lucas Filho, now Research Engineer at the SnT Luxembourg
- Tiago Rodrigo Kepe, now Ph.D Candidate at the UFPR
- Ivan Luiz Picoli, now Ph.D Candidate at the Univ. of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Simone Dominico (with Jorge Meira)
- Chair of the SBBD16-Demonstrations, 14th SBC-COMPUTEC
- Publicity Chair of the IEEE ICST 2013
- Co-organizer of the 32nd CSBC, ISSTA-TTC13, ICST-TTC14, ICPE-LT14
- Journal reviewer: Distributed Computing, Parallel Computing, Journal of Object Technology, IBM Journal of Research and Development
- PC member: IEEE QSR 2016, ICSE-NIER 2014 and 2015, SBRC-WP2P 2009 and 2010, SBBD-WTDBD 2015 and 2010, WSL, SBBD Vision Track 2016.
- External reviewer: SIGMOD Demo 2009 (on behalf of P. Lamarre), K-2010 (on behalf of L. Bona), MODELS 2014 (on behalf of Y. LeTraon), SAC 2014 (on bahalf of Y. LeTraon), VLDB Demo 2015 (on behalf of S. Scherzinger)
- Student volunteer for EDBT 2008
Eduardo Cunha de Almeida is an Assistant Professor (Adjunto IV) at
the Federal University of Paraná (UFPR). His research interest is in database systems and
his current research projects focus on distributed query and storage engines, and NoSQL.
He earned his Ph.D. in Computer Science, with high honors (félicitations du jury), from the University of Nantes (INRIA - AtlasGDD Team), France, in 2009.
His PhD thesis was on testing distributed hash tables (DHT).
From 1998 to 2005 he worked as an engineer in data base technology at HSBC Bank, GVT Telecom, and UFPR Foundation.
He joined the faculty at the UFPR and the C3SL Team in 2009, working in the area of data base systems. In addition to this position, he has served as Deputy Head of Graduate Studies in Computer Science (2010-2012) and Research Associate at the SnT Lab, Luxembourg (2013-2015). Currently, he is the Deputy Head of Undergraduate Studies in Computer Science (2015-2017).
You may search for his lattes curriculum in Portuguese at CNPQ ().